Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost ready for Christmas

It seems like the past few weeks have been so hectic and I still haven't got everything done. I am so excited about Christmas this year. I know Calloway will probably not really get into it until next year, but I had to give it my best shot. I have really enjoyed decorating the house this year, although it has taken longer than normal since my health doesn't cooperate as well. You may not know it, but I am just a big kid at heart. I don't believe in Santa Clause (unless you agree it is Jesus Christ), but I definitely believe in the Spirit of giving and cheer that comes with it. My only sadness about the holiday is that everyone on earth doesn't have Jesus in their hearts, enough clothes to keep them warm, food in their belly's, a nice warm place to sleep, and family to share it with. I am truly blessed beyond measure. The only thing I want for Christmas this year is to be together with my kids (I know they are grown, but they will always be my kids), all 4 of them, 2 by birth, 2 by marriage, and then the GRAND one! Boy, has shopping this year brought back memories. Trying to limit myself in buying for Calloway, well that's almost impossible when you are at the store and things just keep jumping in the buggy, or falling of the racks onto my arm!!! I don't know if anyone else has this problem, please tell me I am not the only one. I love to give and would be just as poor if I "were" a millionaire. Win the lottery, sure, then I could buy for more kids. It is at these times when I feel guilty for some of my blessings, when I see others so in need. I am so thankful that God has given me a sensitive heart and a gift of mercy. I know some of you bloggers made a "thanksgiving" list last month, they were great, and you could see the thought that went into them. It is at this time of year when I think of all of the gifts God has given to us, and so many of them undeserving. That's why He is God. How often do we thank him for sight, hearing, feeling, breathing on our own, walking, talking (yep that's me), being able to go somewhere alone and not be afraid, having someone with skin on who truly loves us, just to name a few. So many of these we take for granted, and there are people out there who live daily lacking in one or more of these areas. I think of a comment Becke made on her blog about her sister, (Kiley passed away earlier this year and was an organ donor, she gave the gift of sight to someone) Becke said, "I wonder if they see Jesus the way you did?", what an awesome testimony and legacy to leave behind for others. Next to loving unconditionally, I think our legacy is one of the most important things that is a work in progress, and one we should never forget. My prayer and wish for you this CHRISTmust season is many happy moments, much love, joy running over, and the peace that passes all understanding. God bless you and Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year!
(The last 2 pictures are: my big Christmon tree-decorated with little banners with the names of Jesus on them, and Calloway's Christmas bedding.)




2 comments:

Becke' said...

I really really like your "names of Jesus" banners. Very creative! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Boop said...

Thank you, every time I walk by the tree it reminds you that Christmas is all about Jesus! Sorry, they are a little hard to see.